With the Video Conference for Android app, you can attend active Video Conferences right through the mobile app while using your device's camera and microphone. The Video Conference for Android app is available from the Google Play Store for Android OS 8 or higher. Click here to download the app.
Joining an Active Video Conference using the Application
You can join a Video Conference by using a 7-character Meeting Code provided by the meeting owner.
- Launch the Video Conferencing for Android app and enter your name and click Next if prompted.
- Enter the 7-character Meeting Code provided by the meeting owner by manually typing it out or pasting the code by selecting Paste Code.
- If you typed the incorrect code, select Clear Code to clear the Meeting Code field.
- Click Join to join the Video Conference.
- If prompted, enter the Meeting's Password provided by the meeting owner and press Join.
- After joining the Video Conference, you will be prompted to enable your video conference sources. Select from the following:
- Video and Audio: enable the Android device's camera and microphone.
- Audio: disable the Android device's camera and enable its microphone.
- No Audio: disable the Android device's camera and microphone.
- Leave Meeting: exit the screen without joining the Video Conference.
Configuring Available Microphone and Camera Sources
After joining the Video Conference, you can disable or enable your device's microphone and webcam while also switching between the front and back cameras if available.
- Select the Audio button from the bottom of the screen to disable or enable your microphone.
- Select the Video button from the bottom of the screen to disable or enable your camera.
- Select the Camera icon from the top of the screen to switch between the device's front and back cameras.
Viewing the Presenter's Screen
The Video Conference for Android app allows you to view the presenter's screen when enabled.
Monitoring Video Conference Attendees
You can monitor who has joined the Video Conference and their roles using the app.
Using the Video Conference Chat Feature
You can monitor if there are unread Video Conference messages and view the Chat history using the Chat feature.
- Select the Chat icon from the bottom of the screen to open the Video Conference Chat to view unread messages or to send a message to all meeting attendees.
Leaving a Video Conference
After the Video Conference is complete, you can leave the active Video Conference.
- To leave the Video Conference, select the orange Leave button.
- When prompted, select Yes to leave the meeting.
The Video Conference will remain active in the background if the Android device falls asleep or the user switches to another app while in an active meeting. If this occurs, the app will disable the device's camera, but the microphone will remain enabled.