Admins can integrate their org units into the Video Platform to allow users, courses, and devices to sync to the correct org-unit level. This will allow sub-admins to view and manage their specific org units within the Video Platform without having access to unnecessary information within other hierarchical org units.
Generating an Access Token
An Access Token is required in order to access the API provided by D2L Brightspace to sync org units with the Video Platform.
- Log in to D2L Brightspace as an admin.
- Click on the Gear icon located in the top-right corner and select Manage Extensibility.
- Select the ID Key Authorization tab and then click Register an App.
- Within the Application Name field, enter any identifiable name of your choice.
- Next, enter the Trusted URL as the following:
- Check Enable this application, and I accept the Non-Commercial Developer Agreement, and then click Register Application.
- After registering the application, please note down the Application ID and Application Key, as they will be required during the integration process.
- Proceed to the next section of this guide.
Integrating D2L Brightspace Org Units
- Log in to the Video Platform as an admin.
- From the Main Menu icon, select Admin Panel.
- Click Integrations from the left-hand navigation menu.
- Under the Select Integration drop-down menu, select LMS API.
- For Choose a LMS, select D2L.
- In the API Configuration panel, enter the App Id and App Key that you received in the previous section of this guide.
- In the Linkage Settings, ensure the following items are checked:
- Use Course Code and Term as backup fields if no D2L Course ID is found (Recommended)
- Ignore non-LTI YuJa Courses when syncing D2L Courses
- Provision courses whose course ID is greater than or equal to <Enter a Value>
- The value should be a valid course ID that you would like the Video Platform to start at.
- Next, click the Save button, and then within the API Configuration panel, click Allow API Access.
- Your institution's org units will now be integrated into the Video platform. The hierarchical structure can be seen within the Organizations tab.