Admins can integrate their hierarchy level nodes into the Video Platform to allow users, courses, and devices to sync to the correct node level. This will allow sub-admins to view and manage their specific nodes within the Video Platform without having access to unnecessary information within other hierarchy nodes.
Integrating Blackboard Nodes
Before proceeding with the steps below, please ensure you've reached out to your Customer Success Manager and have received your Client ID, App Key, and App Secret.
- Log in to the Video Platform as an admin.
- From the Main Menu icon, select Admin Panel.
- Click Integrations from the left-side navigation menu.
- Under the Select Integration drop-down menu, select LMS API.
- For Choose a LMS, select Blackboard.
- Within the API Configuration panel, fill out the information as shown below:
- Blackboard URL: The URL of your Blackboard instance.
- Client Id: Obtained from your Customer Success Manager.
- App Key: Obtained from your Customer Success Manager.
- App Secret: Obtained from your Customer Success Manager.
- Next, for Enable Blackboard Institution Hierarchy and Course Synchronization, toggle the setting to Yes. This will allow top-level institutional hierarchies and courses within your organization's Blackboard instance to be synced with the Video Platform on a daily basis.
- In the confirmation message, click Confirm.
- Then click Save.
- Your institution's nodes will now be integrated into the Video Platform. The hierarchy structure can be seen within the Organizations tab.