Verity can be enabled for third-party exams embedded as external tools within Canvas. This allows instructors to create assessments outside their Learning Management System while taking advantage of Verity's monitoring capabilities.
Creating a Verity-Enabled External Tool
Before proceeding with the steps below, please ensure you've downloaded the YuJa Verity Plugin and created a saved draft of an External Tool assessment in Canvas. The External Tool should be loaded in a new tab. To learn how to create an External Tool, please visit the Canvas support guide by clicking here.
- Log in to Canvas as an instructor and navigate to the desired course.
- Click the YuJa Verity LTI link from the left-hand navigation menu and ensure you're authenticated by following the first 3 steps.
- Once authenticated, click the Assignments tab and locate the assignment for which you want Verity to be enabled.
- Click the vertical ellipsis and select Edit.
- Click More Options.
- In the Submission Type panel, ensure that Load This Tool In A New Tab was checked when the assignment was created.
- Scroll down and enable YuJa Verity.
- Check Is this a third-party assessment? and input the third-party assessment URL in the text field provided.
- In the password text field, enter a password if needed.
- You can adjust any additional proctor settings for the External Tool and save or publish the assessment. For a complete list of how to use our proctoring features, please reference our guide on Setting up a Test-Proctoring Quiz.