Instructors can automatically generate a Verity practice quiz complete with predefined Proctor Settings and curated questions. Instructors can adjust the quiz settings to their liking and release the quiz to students, enabling them to become comfortable with Verity's testing environment.
How to Create a Practice Quiz
Before proceeding with the steps below, please ensure that you have downloaded the Verity browser plugin and your institution admin has integrated Verity practice quizzes with Canvas.
- Log in to Canvas as an instructor and navigate to your desired course.
- In the course navigation menu, click the Verity LTI app.
- Within the LTI app, select Assessments from the left-hand navigation menu and click Create Practice Quiz. A practice quiz will automatically be created in the Quizzes tab for Canvas.
- Click the Quizzes tab in the course navigation menu.
- Locate the quiz titled YuJa Verity Practice Quiz. Click the Vertical Ellipse and select Edit.
- Select the YuJa Verity for Test Proctoring tab to access Verity proctor settings. For a complete list of how to use our proctoring features, please reference our guide on Setting Up a Test-Proctoring Quiz.
You can then publish the practice quiz to allow students to familiarize themselves with YuJa Verity.