Instructors can automatically generate a Verity practice assessment complete with predefined proctor settings and curated questions. Instructors can adjust the assessment settings to their liking and release the assessment to students, enabling them to become comfortable with Verity's testing environment.
How to Create a Practice Assessment
Before proceeding with the steps below, please ensure that you have downloaded the Verity browser plugin and your institution admin has integrated Verity practice quizzes with Canvas.
- Log in to Canvas as an instructor and navigate to your desired course.
- In the course navigation menu, click the Verity LTI app.
- Within the LTI app, select the Automated Assessments tab and then click Create Practice Quiz. A practice quiz will automatically be created.
- The practice assessment will be listed in the Automated Assessment table. Locate the assessment titled YuJa Verity Practice Quiz, click on the Action icon, and then select Edit Settings.
- Scroll down to YuJa Verity for Test Proctoring, and click on Edit to customize the proctor settings. For a complete list of how to use our proctoring features, please reference our guide on Setting Up a Test-Proctoring Quiz.
- You can then publish the practice quiz to allow students to familiarize themselves with YuJa Verity.