Instructors can create and publish Polls for grade sync directly from Moodle. This guide will cover how to publish Polls from within Moodle and how to add published Polls for students to access. As students complete their Polls, grades will be synced within the Moodle gradebook.
Publishing Your Poll to a Course
- Log in to Moodle as an instructor and navigate to your desired course.
- Click the YuJa Engage LTI link.
- From here, you may create a Poll. For detailed steps on how to create a Poll, please visit our guide on Creating and Managing Student Response Polls and Surveys.
- When you're ready to share your Poll with students, click Publish.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the course you wish to publish the Poll to and click Publish.
Inserting Your Poll into a Course
Once a Poll has been published to a course, instructors can insert the Poll into their course for students to access.
- Access the course you have published a Poll into.
- Click Turn editing on in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click Add an activity or resource.
- Select the Activities tab and then select the YuJa Engage activity.
- Click Select content.
- Click the Insert icon for the Poll you'd like to add.
- Click Save and return to course.
- The Poll will then be available for you and the students enrolled in the course. Once you're ready to administer the Poll, select it from the course.
- You can share Poll questions with students once they've joined. As Polls are completed, you may view the Moodle gradebook to view results.