Admins can integrate the YuJa Engage Platform into their Moodle Learning Management System (LMS). The integration will allow polls to be created, published, and graded directly to desired courses and viewed by admins, instructors, and students. If you have any questions regarding the steps in this process, please contact your dedicated Customer Success Manager.
Integrating YuJa Engage for LTI 1.3
The integration process will create the details to configure the YuJa Engage API for your institution.
- Log in to Moodle as an administrator.
- On the left sidebar, choose Site administration. Under that, choose Plugins.
- Within the list of Activity modules, click on Manage tools.
- On the next page, click configure a tool manually.
- Enter the following information as shown below for Tool settings.
- Tool name: Any name of your choosing.
- Tool URL: Please request from your Customer Success Manager
- LTI version: LTI 1.3
- Public key type: Keyset URL
- Public keyset: Please request from your Customer Success Manager
- Initiate login URL: Please request from your Customer Success Manager
- Redirection URl(s): Please request from your Customer Success Manager
- Tool configuration usage: Show in activity chooser and as a preconfigured tool
- Default launch container: Embed, without blocks
- Scroll down and select the following information for Services.
- IMS LTI Assignment and Grade Services: Use this service for grade sync and column management.
- IMS LTI Names and Role Provisioning: Use this service to retrieve members' information as per privacy settings.
- Tool Settings: Do not use this service.
- Under Privacy, select the settings shown below.
- Share launcher's name with tool: Always
- Share launcher's email with tool: Always
- Accept grades from the tool: Always
- Finally, adjust the Miscellaneous settings as shown below, and click Save Changes.
- Default organisation ID: Site hostname
- Organisation URL: Please request from your Customer Success Manager
- From the Manage tool page, under Tools, locate the YuJa Engage tool and click the Tool configuration details icon.
- Note down the Tool configuration details, as they will be required in the next section of this guide.
Configuring the API for YuJa Engage
Once you've added YuJa Engage to Moodle, you will be required to configure the YuJa Engage API to allow for data transfer between Moodle and YuJa Engage.
- Log in to YuJa Engage as an admin using your zone URL.
- Example: https://www.evergreen.engage.yuja.com
- From the left-side navigation menu, select Integration.
- From the Select Integration Type drop-down menu, select LMS LTI 1.3.
- Select Moodle from the Select LMS drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to API Configuration, and based on the Tool configuration details noted in the previous section, enter the following information:
- ISS: Your Platform ID
- Client Id: Your Client ID
- OIDC Endpoint: Your Authentication Request URL
- JWKS Endpoint: Your Public keyset URL
- OAuth2 Token Endpoint: Your Access token URL
- Deployment Id: Your Deployment ID
- Select all checkboxes under User Configuration and Course Configuration.
- Click Save Changes to complete the integration between Moodle and YuJa Engage.
Adding YuJa Engage to a Course
Once the integration process is complete, YuJa Engage can be added to any course as an external tool.
- Log in to Moodle and navigate to your desired course.
- In the top-right corner, click Turn editing on.
- Click Add an activity or resource.
- Select the Activities tab and then click External tool.
- Enter the information below, then click Save and return to course.
- Activity name: Any name of your choice for the YuJa Engage tool.
- Preconfigured tool: Select the Engage tool created in the first section of this guide.
- The YuJa Engage LTI link will be available for all users enrolled in the course.
- Selecting the LTI link will allow you to access the YuJa Engage platform inside Moodle to create, publish, and automatically grade Polls once administered.