Instructors can create and publish Polls for grade sync directly from Canvas. This guide will cover how to publish Polls from within Canvas and how to add published Polls to Assignments for students to access. As students complete their Polls, grades will be synced within the Canvas gradebook.
Publishing Your Poll to a Course
Before a Poll can be added as an Assignment, it must first be published in the course.
- Log in to Canvas as an instructor and navigate to your desired course.
- Click the YuJa Engage LTI link from the left-hand course menu. From here, you may create a Poll. For detailed steps on how to create a Poll, please visit our guide on Creating and Managing Student Response Polls and Surveys.
- When you're ready to share your Poll with students, click Publish.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the course you wish to publish the Poll to and click Publish.
Adding Your Poll as an Assignment for Grading
Once a Poll has been published to a course, it can be added to the Assignments tab for students to access.
- Click the Assignments tab from the left-hand course menu and click + Assignment.
- Add a title for your assignment.
- Scroll down and assign points to the assignment.
- Scroll to Submission Type, and select External Tool from the drop-down menu.
- Click Find.
- Select the YuJa Engage tool, and click the Select button.
- Click the Insert icon for the Poll you'd like to add to the assignment.
- Click Select.
- When you're ready to publish your Poll, click Save & Publish.
- Enter the Total Time in hh:mm:ss that students have to complete the Poll and click Start Poll. You may access Canvas Grades to view results as students complete their Poll.
Please Note: If you are unable to select your Poll from the external tool, please contact your admin to ensure the developer key for YuJa Engage has been udpated.