Instructors can create and publish Polls for grade sync directly from Blackboard Ultra. This guide will cover how to publish Polls from within Blackboard Ultra and how to add published Polls to the Course Content page for students to access. As students complete their Polls, grades will be synced to the Blackboard Ultra Gradebook.
Publishing Your Poll to a Course
Before a Poll can be added to the Course Content page, it must first be published in the course.
- Log in to Blackboard Ultra as an instructor and navigate to your course.
- Click the Content tab and then click the Plus icon to reveal the course content drop-down menu. Select Content Market.
- Locate and click on the YuJa Engage Course Content Tool. Please note the name may vary depending on your institution.
- The YuJa Engage course content tool will allow you to access YuJa Engage within Blackboard Ultra. From here, you may create a poll. For detailed steps on how to create a Poll, please visit our guide on Creating and Managing Student Response Polls and Surveys.
- Once you're ready to share your Poll with students, click Publish.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the course you wish to publish the poll in and click Publish.
Adding Your Poll to the Course Content Page
Once a Poll has been published to a course, it can be added to the Course Content page of the course for students to access.
- Navigate to the Course Content page for the course, and click the Plus icon to reveal the course content drop-down menu. Select Content Market.
- Locate and click on YuJa Engage DeepLinking. Please note the name may vary depending on your institution. This will allow you to select your published Poll and add it to the Course Content page.
- Click the Insert icon.
- The Poll will be added to your Course Content Page. Once you're ready to administer the Poll, you may click on it.
- Enter the Total Time in hh:mm:ss that students have to complete the Poll and click Start Poll. As students complete their Poll, you may access the Blackboard Ultra Gradebook to view results.