Institutions using D2L Brightspace can now add their custom Role List for administrators, instructors, and students to the Panorama platform. Please note that when custom roles are enabled, default roles are disabled, and changes may take up to 24 hours to be reflected.
Configure Custom Role Mapping
- Log in to your Panorama instance as an admin.
- From the left-hand navigation menu, click Settings.
- Scroll down to Custom Role Mapping, and enable Custom Roles.
- You can select to add a custom role for Administrator, Instructor, or Student.
- Enter the custom role name exactly how it appears in your D2L Brightspace Role List, and then click Add. Panorama will now recognize the custom role as one of the standard roles selected (i.e., Administrator, Instructor, or Student).
- You may repeat steps 4 and 5 for any additional custom roles.
- To remove a custom role, click Remove next to the role you wish to delete.
- Click Remove to confirm and delete the role.