To ensure students cannot take a proctored quiz without the YuJa Verity extension enabled, instructors may enable auto-generated LMS passwords for all Verity-enabled quizzes. Students will automatically be allowed access to their quiz once authenticated through the Verity extension.
Before enabling a password for New Quizzes, instructors must first create a Verity-enabled quiz. To learn how to create a quiz, please click here.
- Log in to Canvas and navigate to your course.
- From the left-hand navigation menu, click the YuJa Verity LTI link to authenticate yourself. You will receive a Successfully Installed message.
- Once authenticated, navigate to the location of the quiz you wish to enable a password for. Click the three dots next to the quiz, and select Build from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Settings tab located at the top of the page.
- Click the Create YuJa Password button to enable an integrated password for your quiz. Students will not require a password to enter the quiz. Once a student has been authenticated, they will be allowed to take the quiz.