This guide will provide details on how to integrate an NCast hardware encoder into the Video Platform to enable the automatic import of recordings. Content Creators can find their uploaded recordings in their My Media folder.
Registering an NCast Device
- Log in to the Video Platform as an admin.
- Click the Main Menu icon located at the top of the screen and select the Admin Panel.
- From the left-hand navigation menu, select the Devices tab.
- Ensure Manage Devices is selected, and click Register Device.
- In the new window, click on the Register NCast Device tab.
- Enter a Device Name you wish to use, and click Register.
- Note the SFTP Username and SFTP Password. They will need to be entered into the NCast Presentation Recorder to register the device.
- Log in to your NCast Presentation Recorder and select the Channel tab.
- Hover over the channel you wish to register and click Edit.
- Navigate to Edit Channel - Upload using the Next button.
- For Set Username and Set Password, enter the SFTP Username and Password noted earlier.
- Once completed, click Next to finish editing the channel.
- You may now use the NCast device to record videos. Recorded videos will automatically be uploaded to your My Media folder.
Please note: we currently do no support virtual monitoring for NCast devices.